Cajun Sloppy Joes
this is one of my favourite sandwiches
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Creole or Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (adjust amount as needed)
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, toasted
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, onions, and bell pepper until meat crumbles and no pink remains. Drain well and return skillet to heat.
Add tomato sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire, mustard, brown sugar, Creole seasoning, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, and fresh ground pepper. Stir well to combine and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
Serve warm on toasted buns.